Procedure for making Green peas Kuruma
Dried green peas -1 cup (soaked for 5 hours)
Cinnamon- 1 inch
Onion- 1 chopped
Tomato- 1 chopped
Ginger and garlic paste- 11/2 tblsp
Chili powder - 1 tblsp(or to taste)
Fennel seeds (sombu) - 1/2 tblsp (powdered)
Coconut - 1/2 cup Grained
Potato -1 peeled and cubed.
Oil for Cooking
Turmeric -1/4 tsp
1. Pressure cook the soaked green peas with required salt and cook it for 10 min on high.
2. Heat the kadai add oil to it.
3. Add the cinnamon stick and the cloves, sauté it with onion until the onion becomes Golden brown.
4. Add tomato together with Ginger Gralic paste, chili powder, coriander powder, fennel and turmeric powder.
5. Add the cubed potato and sauté it and cover it with a lid along with little water.
6. When the potato is ¾ cooked add the cooked peas and let it boil for few minutes.
8. Add coconut pastenand let it cook on low flame for couple minutes and add more salt if needed.
9. Serve it with Chapatti or Rice.